Saturday, June 18, 2005

Friday 'til now

3:05 a.m. friday morning, I woke up to my legs being taken out from under me, by my wife, while still in bed. My alarm woke up the baby, not me. Before I woke up, I had dreams of playing short stop, and a runner taking me out at second base, and doing a good job of it. Wow, what a jolt, I actually laughed about it most of the way to Carthage. Not waking up the baby, but how well the girl I married can kick.

George and I left the shop at 3:55 am, headed to Carthage, to pickup our stuff from our ex-distributor. We arrived in Carthage at 7:40 am, and sat at his shop. We ate lunch, and left at 2:30 pm. He still hasn't shown up. Probably a good thing that he didn't after about 10:00 am or so. That kept at least one of the three of us from going to jail for assault.

I tried to make it home in time for Natalie's end of year softball ceremany at 7:00 pm, but I made it to the house at 6:50 pm, showered and arrived at the field at 7:20 pm and it was over. Oh well, I wanted to be there, but no a terrible loss. We talked to a few of the other coaches, and moms for a while then went to eat and head out to Longworth. I was just happy to be back around my family, I was tired and grumpy, but happy even if it didn't show.

We arrived in Longworth at midnight, Angie's mom fed Brayden while Angie showered. I unloaded the truck, and we went to bed. I slept with my buddy Matthew, and never knew he was there, except when I would wake up and cover him back up. I steal covers, but Angie can fend for herself, see the first paragraph, but little Matt isn't strong enough, yet. So, he just rolls into me foro warmth, and I wake up and relinquish some of my coveted covers.

So here we are, looks to be a great day. Maybe we can go see Kelsey play softball, maybe go see Pop and Granny in Buffalo Gap. I know I am going to the races tonight, but I am not racing. I changed my mind about this probably three times yesterday. But, in the end, I just got home too late to load the trailer and bring it. Next weekend, I am taking Matthew to Witchita Falls to race, and check out the competition there for myself. Should be a blast.

Well, gotta go, see ya later

Jim

1 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, June 18, 2005, Blogger BETH REMILLARD said...

So what place did Natalie's team get? Hope you have a rest filled weekend! Love Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home