Monday, June 20, 2005

Coming Home

Well, this is a day late, but, ya get what ya get around here. Right? I was not in the mood to type last night when we got home. I just drank a few beers and enjoyed remembering the time we spent with family and friends this weekend. I didn't get to see Mom, but I thought she would be at Buffalo Gap with Granny and Pop, but nobody was there. Sorry about that, I must have misunderstood.

Sunday, on the way home, we did one of our most favorite things. We stopped to see Gary, Kim, Kelsey, and Brandon in Abilene. We have not been able to spend the kind of time with each other that we used to or that we want to. They are still very dear friends, and we miss them alot, but the distance and family involvement gets in the way. Both families have numerous things going on, and they are all important. It's not until we actually do get together that we realize all of the things that we are missing. I wish we were closer, but we will just have to manage. Maybe I can come up with a woodworking project that I need help with, shouldn't take us more than a month to complete. How much time off do you have built up, Gary? Kim could probably manage her job from here, right? Kelsey and Brandon could swim the days away with Matt and Nat. Wow, what a dream.

Ok, as I said, we stopped by to visit, and it turned into a long visit. It streched through dinner at Olive Garden, when Gary had to go home to get his wallet. As long as it was though, it is never long enough. Even when Gary and Angie worked together, and we all saw each other constantly, we never got on each others nerves. Probably never will.

We left about 8:00 pm and got home about 11:30 pm. Long weekend, but a fun one. Today I went to pick up my truck that I left in Bridgeport, only to have a flat tire, and I forgot my keys, so I had to break into it just to be able to get it to the tire store. My tires were in pretty bad shape, so I just got a new set. I love my new company, at Adkins I would have had to run the tread completely off of them before I was ALLOWED to get a new set. Here I just did it, and told them later, they are great. They understand that some things are actually a necessity. Did I spell that right? Oh well, gotta go, the kids are going to Vacation Bible School, and I get to keep Brayden, YEAH!!

Later]

Jim

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Kim :) said...

We had a wonderful time with you guys as well. I felt tird with the softball games and then the drive to Commanche that morning, but as soon as you guys knocked on the door I felt alive aagain! It was strange. I am so glad that you were able to stop in before heading home. I know it put you guys back home really late though.

The great thing with all of us.. We may not get to see each other much. But when we do see each other agian it is just like we were together the day before. Never missing a beat.

The Halfmann clan loves you all dearly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home