Saturday, May 07, 2005

Travel day

Wow, I can't believe how damn easy my job is some days, I feel like I should have to pay them to work here. Just in case anybody doesn't know, I run the Fort Worth yard of an independant chemical company out of Midland. I have never had a better job, in any sense. Yesterday, I watched my guy, George, work in the field for about 3 hours in the morning, and I talked to my customer. This did happen to be my biggest customer, by far, so around 11:15 am, I asked, "Hey Kim, where do you want to go for lunch?", to which he replied, "I don't know, let me ask the boys." So, we ended up at Kelly's sports bar for lunch, actually surprised that it wasn't the new sushi joint just down from that. Sports bars are not a very good place to eat lunch, in my opinion, because you can't drink, and the food is usually not very good. But it beats a cold sandwhich, or as my Papa used to call a "missmeal" meaning that you don't eat at all. Anyone who knows, or has seen, me in the past 10 years, knows that I don't have a lot of missed meals under my belt. After lunch, I sent George to get 2 tickets signed, and I went to have 1 signed, and went home. Angie and I loaded the suburban, and picked the kids up from school, and headed to Roby, to have a fish dinner at her parents cafe. Now, is that an easy job or what? It's not always like that. It can be very stressful, especially when the sales are not there, but sales are good this month, and, I felt that we deserved a break.

I wrote this because I am addicted to this now, and I truly had nothing else to write. Angie, Natalie, Matthew, and Brayden are all fine. No news on the robbery. Nothing. So maybe something will happen tonight, when I go to the racetrack with my Father-in-law. He is still racing in Abilene, and having a blast, so I should have a good story for you all tommorrow.
Berryman OUT! haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home