Friday, January 27, 2006

Good actor or Superstar?

Is there a difference? I think there is. An actor is someone who can actually act. A Superstar is someone who got a couple of good/great roles in their careers, and now we go see them no matter what they do.

Here is the list of my top 5 actors

1 - Gene Hackman - I don't think anyone is better. This is a guy that has never disappointed me in any of his roles, from the original Lex Luther in Superman all the way through Welcome to Mooseport.

2 - Denzel Washington - most notably to me, Fallen, Training Day, and The Bone Collector.

3 - Matt Damon - Good Will Hunting, which he co-wrote with Ben Affleck, The Talented Mr. Ripley, where he plays a gay man, the Bourne Series, Rounders, all the way back to Mystic Pizza.

4 - Will Smith - fresh Prince of Bel Aire to Hitch, not to mention Men in Black, the Legend of Bagger Vance, Bad Boys, Wild Wild West, and I Robot.

5 - John Wayne - No explanation needed.

Superstars, you know the people that make blockbuster movies.

1 - Harrison Ford - I like his movies, but I don't think he's that good. I think the roles make him.

2 - Ben Affleck - Besides Jersey Girl, where has he actuall acted?

3 - Collin Farrel - What did he actually have to stretch for, Phone Booth? Also, he probably likes kissing guys, see Alexander.

4 - Brad Pitt - Besides A River Runs Through It, what did he do that was hard, play Geena Davis' one night stand in Thelma and Louise? Yeah, he might be good, but I don't want to admit it, I'm running out of names.

5 - Clint Eastwood - The Bridges of Madison County and Million Dollar Baby are the only films where he is not a gruff old asshole, oh wait, he is that in Million Dollar Baby for the most part.

By the way, Million Dollar Baby is the best movie I have seen in years.

That's about it, how far off am I? How far off am I. Actually just looking for something to talk about. Thought I'd throw it out and see how many people think I am a complete idiot.

Let me know,

See ya then,

Jim

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Kay said...

OK, so where is Nick Cage? I like his movies. Con Air is my favorite. Guarding Tess is good, too. John Wayne, Will Smith, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery would round out my top 5. Can you tell I don't get to the movies very often? What do you think?

 
At 10:31 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger The Oldies said...

You are never an idiot. And your choices are good ones. Some time you just hit a blank spot and can't think of anything to write.

Love

 
At 11:01 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Angie said...

On the acotr side I'd say that John Tavolta HAS to be added. Along with Morgan Freeman. Comendian entries would be - Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey

 
At 8:44 AM, January 28, 2006, Blogger BETH REMILLARD said...

I think that all you choices were good, but I would add Sean Connery as well! While we are talking about idiots I think Jim Carey is an idiot!!! Something about him just gets under my skin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home